Sunday, September 10, 2006

Maintenance Time Is All The Time

awake & linking: Good Pancreas
It's a blessing and challenge to discover that good friends are also very good writers. Reagan is one of them ... and this post is a great challenge.
I just got off the phone with a new friend of mine. We’ve never met in person, but by one way or another we’ve ended up having a delightful and productive phone rendezvous every once in a while. I made a trip to Waco for the weekend and as I was driving back I decided to give her a call so I had some company on that stretch of the I-35 corridor that I was destined to travel.
I’ll never forget a moment that occurred as I was passing through Austin, realizing that I was low on gas when she placed a small statement into the closing conversation. As if she’d been wary of the question’s potency, so she waited to inject me with it until the end instead of allowing me to chew on it from the beginning. Although a diluted question might have been my preference, as I sit here with the night I’m glad that I was given the strong dosage.
--read the rest here--

technorati tags: ,

No comments: